Acceptance of Terms
Your access to and use of is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. All material contained on is provided without any or warranty of any kind. You use the material on the Website at your own discretion
Change of Use
We reserve the right to:
- Change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal.
- Change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics, and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to or otherwise used by as permitted by law. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
Restrictions of Use
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, make available to the public or otherwise use RateLocal content in any way except for your own personal or non-commercial use.
The use of RateLocal data for direct marketing, telemarketing, market research, or any other marketing activity is strictly prohibited.
Access to our Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Using the Website
This website may only be used for lawful purposes. You cannot use the website:
- to promote any illegal activity, violence or sexually explicit material.
- to promote any form of discrimination.
- to harm, threaten, defame, abuse or harass another person in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable.
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists.
- to provide any kind of customer lists or commercial information service.
- as a source of material or contact data for any kind of marketing activity.
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website.
- in a way that affects how it is run.
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionally large burden on the websites technical systems as determined by us, or using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
Providing material to the RateLocal Directory
If you provide any material to the website, you agree to grant us permission, at no cost to us, to use your material in any way we want (including altering and adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media worldwide. In certain circumstances, we may share your material with other trusted organisations.
After posting or emailing your material to the website, you continue to own that material, and you continue to have the right to use your material in any way you choose.
Please choose carefully any information you post on the website, as it will be available for public viewing. By providing any material to the website, and for us to be able to use it, you confirm that:
- your material is your own original work or you are authorised to provide it to the website.
- your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation), does not take away or affect any other person’s privacy rights, copyright, contract rights or any other rights, and does not otherwise break any laws of England and Wales, and
- that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to publish any material you have provided.
We have the right to:
- reject or refuse to post any material you have provided.
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material goes against any of these conditions or
- restrict, suspend or stop your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not provide any material to the website.
Disclaimers and Limitations of liability
The Website is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fit for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
RateLocal makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of or that of its employees or agents.
You agree to indemnify and hold RateLocal and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of the Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
If you breach these Conditions of Use and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Conditions of Use.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the United Kingdom and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts.